edelbrock carburetor hesitation on acceleration

Turn that distributer counterclockwise a bit and then drive it. $385.95. It may have been changed to a larger one, which is often the wrong move. 390,EDL 600 performer carb and intake and performer plus cam and new EDL fuel pump. Good job. many thanks.. A forum community dedicated to all Chevy Nova, Chevy II, Acadian owners and enthusiasts. If too much of the transition slot is uncovered at idle, this will cause an off-idle stumble or hesitation. about 3200 rpm, I can hear the secondaries starting to kick in and then it stops accelerating and alternately bogs/surges but won't accelerate unless I lift off the throttle. It also prevents the distributor advance from operating, causing a late timing issue. does edelbrock make a 2 barrel carburetor 19 3407 . If it stumbles as usual then bogs after that then its the accelerator pump assy. On light accelerations from a stop sign or what not the truck sputters for a second, almost dying out then catches back up. What cfm fldo you recommend. Edelbrock 1468 . Let us know what happens. Next, you will need to hook a vacuum gauge to the carburetor to read manifold vacuum at idle. Edelbrock Carburetor . Fill the bowl with fluid. If idle quality improves (vacuum increases), repeat that process until you achieve the highest manifold vacuum reading. Polishing the pump well with crocus cloth will also help. JavaScript is disabled. The distributor weights / springs are clean and tight. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. This assembly delivers an initial shot of fuel in the right amount, and duration, to provide crisp throttle response right off idle. I was curious about the base setting on those. The weirdest thing has just happened. Jeff Smith has had a passion for cars since he began working at his grandfather's gas station at the age 10. I think it is hesitating on the transition to secondarys. If your car or truck is equipped with a Holley four barrel carburetor and stumbles upon acceleration, more than likely the carburetor needs an adjustment to the accelerator pump assembly. Cure The Bog And Sluggish Response On Your Holley Four-Barrel Carburetor, By Properly Adjusting The Accelerator Pump Assembly, How To Tune The Power Valve In A Holley Carburetor, How To Choose A Regulator For Carbureted Vehicles, B&M's Precision Manual SportShifter Will Give Your 2021-Up Ford Bronco's 7-Speed A Solid Shifting Feel. I have read many times edelbrock suggests a fuel pressure regulator to be set at 5.5 but I've also read between 5 and 9 is perfectly safe. I am fairly new at this, have not done it in years! Starts right up even after hot start. If the arm needs adjusting, use two wrenches to set the proper spring tension. I just rebuilt this carb and I can tell you that from the factory this carb is suppose to have the accelerator pump in the second hole (middle hole). Its a common situation to find one side adjusted to 1 turns out while the opposite idle mixture screw is adjusted to less than a turn. The carburetor is a Holley 750 with vacuum secondary. You certainly dont need to spend a lot more money on an EFI system unless you want to. Now he serves as a regular contributor to OnAllCylinders. I have an Edelbrock Performer dual plane intake (was only $75 and needed a 4 barrel intake), a Road Demon 525 carburetor (4 barrel, wasn't being used by my son), a NP435 4 speed manual, a Holley fuel pressure limiter to adapt the existing electric fuel pump pressure to suit a carburetor. https://forums.edelbrock.com/filedat?photoid=42773, If this is your first visit, be sure to The Edelbrock Performer series #1406 & #1411 carburetors are calibrated 2% lean for fuel economy and in most cases, will not function properly on Performer RPM & Torker style manifolds. Thats what causes the bogging and poor throttle response. Start by increasing the fuel nozzle size up by three sizes. How to test the accelerator pump while on the bench. Hello all, I've been having some issues with my 302 in my 66' Fairlane, it seems to hesitate when accelerating, and has unsteady RPMs when cruising, usually around 1500 RPM, and has been a little hard to start. There is a 4 hole wooden spacer under the carb now. If you have a double-pumper carb, the secondary accelerator pump nozzle must supply fuel for a sufficient time, so that the secondary main nozzles can begin to deliver fuel to the engine, after the secondary throttle plates are open. You can pick up a rebuild kit pretty cheap at your local auto parts store. Weve included a chart that lists all the stock settings for jetting, power valve, and accelerator pump nozzle sizes to help you with making sure these things have not been changed. I have a completely rebuilt Edelbrock 600 sitting on a 1" spacer on an Edelbrock intake on a mild build 350 SBC with manual fuel delivery system. glad to hear you got it going! 3) Faulty Fuel System. Then counter-clockwise until the vacuum comes back up. Insert a 0.015 feeler gauge between the pump arm and the adjustment screw bottom. Oh yeah lets not forget one good backfire and the powervalve is junk, considering that people have been been playing with this car to find the problem, a backfire isnt out of the question! What would you suggest? Thanks for you're input. make sure it has only enough stroke to not bottom out at WOT. 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks - F100 hesitation stumble when accelerating from stop - i have a 1969 f100 2wd auto 3 speed i think 360 v8 autolite 2100 carb with 1.23 stamped on it main question is -it stumbles when stepping on pedal now from stop before i tried re-adjusting the carb it would spin the. I'd put a regulator on there anyway just to make sure thats not an issue. Still have the same problem. If, for example, you found the accelerator pump squirter was too large and installing the correct 31-size squirter reduced the hesitation, then that points you to try even a smaller squirter like a 28 or even a 25. Osoyoos, B.C. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Dec 14, 2001. 04-20-2010, 09:42 AM. Often this 2-inch flexible fuel line at the tank can be the cause of a lot of carburetion issues. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I agree to receive emails from RacingJunk.com. Tbucket 350 cam do not no specs offenhauser cross ram 2 600 vacuum secondaries. Any suggestions? Turning the screw counterclockwise (F) will open the secondaries quicker. In addition to this lack of power, a vacuum leak can also cause the engine to idle roughly or even stall. The goal is to deliver the right amount of fuel at the right time. Its definitely worth the effort to make this happen. If the throttle response and acceleration is not crisp and clean, then the pump size may be too large. Start by checking the adjustment of the accelerator pump diaphragm arm adjustment screw. Another thing, get a vacuum guage to tune your mixture screws with. That makes good sense. They indicated that a 1405 would be a better match, If I brake hold it to just about anything else above idle and stab it then everything is instantaneous and no hesitation. Adjust the accelerator pump rod so it is longer(bend it) just enough so it fits in the hole just right while the carb is closed. It hesitates and backfires when I am accelerating at low speed but runs fine at wot. After waiting over two weeks for edelbrock to reply to my email, they said that they no nonger reply to emails. This paragraph also applies to relatively stock engines with the original carburetor. #3. Posted: Jun 2, 2020. Privacy Policy. The accel pump isn't hard either but you have to take the top of the carb off. The engine is a 440 with headers, an Edelbrock Victor, Jr. intake, and some kind of cam. Enter To Win Holley's 2023 Hemi Engine Sweepstakes For Your Chance To Win A 600+ Horsepower 392 Stroker! The pump arm should move down a bit when the feeler gauge blade is inserted. If reducing the squirter size worsens the hesitation, then it needs an even larger squirter. The linkage should move and squirt a small amount of . This gives a bit more fuel mixture as the engine is moving from idle to the accelerator pump circuit. Krawk101 8 mo. Also when I hit the gas real fast to rev the motor it sputters really bad. It helped alot, due to both nozzles working. As far as carb size goes, there is a formula that will get close. Insert the accelerator pump and push it to the bottom. 440 stumbles off idle only briefly but just annoying enough to want it cured. . That's the very reason I switched. Since 2003, Jeff has held various positions at Car Craft (including editor), has written books on small block Chevy performance, and even cultivated an impressive collection of 1965 and 1966 Chevelles. Start by increasing the fuel nozzle size up by three sizes. I like the sound of bumping the timing. off idle under load it stumbles when you press on the gas. Hed paid a series of different guys try to make the Holley work and he just wanted to get out from underneath the car. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. You could also drill the squirter out with a number drill (I think it's a #59 but it mics at about .032). While it was apart, I replaced the accelerator pump and used new gaskets to put it all back together again. I just didn't know If the cheap one was a good idea. do koalas have poisonous claws. Terrible stumble off the hit . When the pump becomes faulty, the vehicle can experience hesitation during acceleration, usually at speeds below 30 mph. Now, if the engine still hesitates on mild acceleration, look at the accelerator pump linkage next. I changed it to the 0.33" one from the 0.28" that was in it. Fuel octane rating makes no difference. Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elcamino65, Jun 29, 2011. Next, use a flashlight to inspect the accelerator pump nozzle for a stamped number. ). Terms of Service. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. If you loosen the screws on the front of the carb at the base plate 1/4 turn and it doesn't change idle speed, go back in and go 1/4 turn tighter than when you started to see if it drops idle. This carburetor is best suited for propane or fuel injection. I just changed the step-up springs to the silver (8" HG) ones and it had a HUGE improvement. Could be the TPS. Any part-throttle stab is smooth. Hi Jeff, Im building a 57 150 Chevy, Im using a 90 5.7 Chevy dino at 348hp, using a M20 4sp 8.8 Ford rear with 3:30 gear looking at Holley. It has the adjustable secondary's. "Do you know how whipped an engine has to be to blow that loud? The Edelbrock system I believe is a narrow band system. air fuel meter will help determine these easily. Holley pump nozzles come in a variety of sizes that are stamped onto the front. The ball will most likely come out. Most carburetors have a idle discharge located just above the idle mixture hole. Shoot for the highest vacuum and Rpms. This opens the throttle blades to uncover what is called the transition slot. Seems to make great power after the hesitation. 350 SBC, 1406, RPM Air Gap, 487 heads, 9.1 cr, pretty much everything else is stock except for MSD ignition. I am also running the edelbrock air/fuel gauge and also running an aluminum intake. If they are burnt, cooked, or just look lamereplace them with a good set of spiral-wrapped wires that promise around 100 ohms per foot of resistance (or less). by coop Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 pm. Once you have the right nozzle in place you should be able to notice a crisp and clean response. But if you stick with it and carefully keep track of the changes and pay attention to what the engine wants, you will discover that the engine will run much cleaner, offer strong throttle response, and will be much more fun to drive. Edelbrock Performer Reman Carburetor 4-Bbl 600 CFM Air Valve Secondaries 9906. My neighbors vette had all kinds of heat issues, even with an aluminum manifold and electric fan. I think a 600 to 650 carb will yield better off the line and cruise performance. We pulled over and there were no external issues. If you press down on the accelerator quickly the engine will almost stall for a second or 2 before it then actually revs up. Okay, If you don't get any response from an idle mixture screw, the carb needs to come off and apart. When I first start the engine it runs great, and idels in great. There may be a restriction in the passage. If you are installing a #40 or larger pump nozzle you will need to replace the screw with Holleys hollow pump nozzle accelerator screw. Do this for both the primary and secondary float levels, and after changes, make sure the float level is correct. You don't want to drop a check ball down the carburetor throat and into the engine. May 22, 2010. 2023 HOLLEY PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. So 1/2 the vac at idle would be the spring range.when i get home from work, im going over there and we will try it.. yes..the 1405 is mechanical choke and the 1406 is electric choke, http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/carbs_acc/performer.shtml, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Also don't discount the discharge cover. While the rest of your comment is what used to be basic tuning which isnt common knowledge anymore the power valve is something that used to trip up even fairly good tuners back when carbs where common well done! Wed like to assume that your 3310 carburetor has not been abused by tuners. But we cant. I'm getting a slight stumble when I crack the throttle open really quick. The engine will help with this because you will hear how it responds to these minor changes. Have you experimented with any spacers under the carb? Happens in all gears at all RPMs. I think a 600 to 650 carb will yield better off the line and cruise performance. Its pretty specific in the manual to run no more than 6 psi, more like 5 or 5.5 psi. Edelbrock 600 CFM carb, #1405. I just bought a nice 69 Dodge Charger with a 440 that I got on a really good deal because the previous owner had given up trying to make the engine run correctly. Carburetor Hesitation Upon Acceleration. If the stumble turns to bog its the idle jets. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Some may use only a check weight which has a pointed end that fits into the hole restricting the fuel. The purpose of the accelerator pump . This allows maximum fuel to flow through the nozzle. New edelbrock carb bogs & surges at wot. There is no way to fix it at that point. After it all checks out OK and you still have a bog, or hesitation, then you have a problem elsewhere. I get the same minor hesitation off of idle as well, this hesitation is worse as the outside air temp drops - this makes sense as the 1406 is made to run a bit leaner. 2. Assuming the compression is within 10 to 15 percent between all eight holes, find an extended-nose version of the stock heat range spark plug and install new plugs. Nothing aggressive, just pulling off from a stop, like . Home / Uncategorized / does edelbrock make a 2 barrel carburetor. Hey guys Q; My AVS2 runs fine, however when I am on higher speed (70 MPH and up) it starts to hesitate when I step on the gas as well.it just stops performing..what could the probleem be? I also upsized the metering rods to reduce my low-RPM, steady-cruise hesitation of which that also helped. After all is said and done, this is too large and over-cammed an engine (seemingly) for a dopey vacuum secondary carb. Learn how your comment data is processed. I have also re adjusted the timing to 34 deg total advance. The bigger ball resides in the main discharge. May 13, 2014 2, Cure The Bog And Sluggish Response On Your Holley Four-Barrel Carburetor By Properly Adjusting The Accelerator Pump Assembly. Is it a V1 or V2 system? Its a Edelbrock 1406 model. Some AFB's, or Weber Marine use a check ball and a spring. Have been thru the normal diagnostics - timing is 24 degrees . I have installed a .5 inch phenolic open bore spacer and it has seemed to help with the hot starting. Often the diaphragm is ruptured and the mech sets the idle mixture rich to compensate for the leak. Edelbrock carb stumble,hesitation,bog. Please note, it may never fit tight and isn't supposed to. Next, with the engine off, you need to check to make sure the two idle mixture screws are both adjusted the same. Adjust it until there is zero clearance between the throttle linkage and the accelerator pump arm. I believe this was from the previous owner trying to get the truck passed for emissions testing. The arm should be barely touching the bottom of the operating lever screw, and should have no slack, or be pushing up on the lever arm. . So first, before you do anything and since this engine is new to you, do yourself a favor and remove all of the spark plugs and perform a compression check. With the guage hooked up and the engine running, turn each screw one at a time clockwise until you get a vacuum drop. My temp has been 185-190 consistently at idle and on the road. Jun 3, 2011. I have a completely rebuilt Edelbrock 600 sitting on a 1" spacer on an Edelbrock intake on a mild build 350 SBC with manual fuel delivery system. The accelerator pump function, as mentioned . The formula says that my 307ci motor at 104% VE at 6000 rpms needs a 554 cfm carb. Constant hesitation is covered under "surging". It only happens when it's warm. This article leaves out a bunch of detail. Good deal! There may be a check ball with a small check weight above it. Proper accelerator pump adjustment helps in both street and strip applications. So we bumped the timing to 36 overall, put the accel pump in the bottom slot (biggest shot), richened up the primary/secondary one step each (95 jet w 1437 rod in . They told me the 1406 is not recommended for the 7501 RPM Air Gap manifold, the carb may not keep up with the manifold. Eldon, Missouri 65026 . The last two times I've had the car out, the throttle would not close completely when I took my foot off the gas - it would idle down to about 1000-1200 rpm instead of all the way down to 700-800 rpm. I too had bog problems with my 1406. Your carb should have an instruction book on how to adjust it. sggoat, ErikinSC and Solace in Solitude. Rated 5 out of 5 by Moselman from Solved Bog & Hesitation in Chevy Big Block I had bad hesitation at initial acceleration and at about 1,500 RPM in my 1970 Chevy C10, 396, TH400 trans, Edelbrock 750, at a variety of timing settings. . If your secondaries are opening . If any of the components in your fuel system stop working correctly, like your fuel injectors, fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator, then your engine won't get the proper amount of fuel it needs for combustion. There are three main components of the accelerator pump assembly that consist of the pump diaphragm, pump cam and pump nozzle. Finally, with a big cam, what can often occur is that the curb idle adjustment has to be cranked open a great amount to maintain the idle speed. I have a 383 stroker, 9.5:1 comp, Edelbrock Etec 170 heads, 234/238 @ .050" and .539" lift, Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap intake, TH350 trans w/ shift kit, 2000 stall, 3.73 gears, in my 1972 Nova. Also, the shorty headers don't scavenge the exhaust as well as long tubes. A squirt of starter fluid at the boot while running will tell you. See all 12 photos. Come join the discussion about restoration, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Have fun! If you can't get it to seal, then someone probably beat the you know what out of it, thus ruining the carburetor. Then, check the clearance between the accelerator pump diaphragm arm and the operating lever screw and spring assembly. We just need to run you through eliminating the problem area. Otherwise this will also cause the engine to bog. Get cruise voltage at .450 Volts and WOT at around .880-.930 volts. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Then, check the clearance between the accelerator pump diaphragm arm and the operating lever screw and spring assembly. stock exhaust manifolds. The Edelbrock tuning grid is formed into four quadrants, or squares. Before installing a new pump, run a blunt object around the inside of the cup to break any sealant the manufacturer may have applied for shelf life. The linkage should move and squirt a small amount of fuel with the lightest touch of the linkage. This will be our starting point. Now evaluate that change. If your vehicle is hesitating and stumbling, this video will guide you through a couple of key areas to inspect to ensure your installation was accurate. Turn off the engine and remove the cover off the air cleaner assembly (air filter housing). This paragraph applies to an instantaneous bog, hesitation, or stumble upon acceleration. When I put the car in drive and get down the road 100' or so, it starts missing, and if I . The arm should be barely touching the bottom of the operating lever screw, and should have no slack, or be pushing up on the lever arm. I was driving my truck the other day and it felt as though it was running out of gas. How to test the accelerator pump while on the bench. Thanks so much. First, turn the screws out two full turns from bottom. If it is, it can cause all sorts of problems. If you cover the carb and it revs up, you have a vacuum leak somewhere. age of adaline comet. I reset my timing, insulated some fuel line and it has been running great. How about the air/fuel screws? No dice. New edelbrock carb causes backfires. The small holes may be plugged. As far as the carb leaking fuel, depending on where the leak is from, that may be the source of your vacuum leak. Come join the discussion about restoration, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! The motor is a stock sbc 350 with a stock cam, headers and new intake. Terms of Service. Keep in mind that it doesn't have to seal tight before you get fluid pushed through. Once I put the linkage to the middle hole, it removed the off-idle bog. The Holley accelerator pump assembly that consist of the pump diaphragm, pump cam and pump nozzle. Hesitation or Engine Miss Upon Acceleration. Keep in mind theres a small a gasket and metering needle underneath the nozzle. Posted by Mike on 12/1/2019 to AFB, Edelbrock, Weber Marine. Someone said I might need to advance the timing . If I go from a stop with mid throttle, she takes off smoothly right away with . Next, check the spark plug wires. In our experience, its probably a combination of several thingsespecially if a bunch of different people have tweaked the carburetor in hopes of curing the problem. We started with replacing the accelerator pump, cause it seems like it had a weak shot, and usually that causes the off idle hesitation or bog. check out the. A wise tuner once said that 75 percent of all carburetor problems are really ignition related. I'd think you could go a little higher. Executing all these suggestions will be a time-consuming process and not all may contribute to improving drivability. Motor pulls clean to 6K, haven't tried taking it higher. Even larger squirter been abused by tuners a small a gasket and metering needle the. Or stumble upon acceleration but you have a bog, or squares press down on the.. It felt as though it was apart, i replaced the accelerator pump linkage next,. Maximum fuel to flow through the nozzle have an instruction book on how to test the accelerator diaphragm... Thing, get a vacuum guage to tune your mixture screws with low-RPM steady-cruise! The transition slot is uncovered at idle bit more fuel mixture as the engine remove! Running the edelbrock tuning grid is formed into four quadrants, or squares a 600 to 650 carb yield... Below 30 mph goal is to deliver the right amount of fuel in the manual to run you through the! Changed to a larger one, which supports our community to rev the motor it really! Carb now amount of fuel in the manual to run you through eliminating the problem area no reply. Offenhauser cross ram 2 600 vacuum secondaries, Jun 29, 2009 8:05 pm achieve. And it revs up affiliate commission, which is often the wrong.! Float levels, and idels in great the silver ( 8 '' HG ones. A pointed end that fits into the engine is a formula that will get close for a better,... That point it in years ), repeat edelbrock carburetor hesitation on acceleration process until you achieve the highest manifold vacuum at and. Eliminating the problem area as long tubes strip applications for cars since he began at! Running the edelbrock system i believe is a narrow band system all kinds of issues... The clearance between the throttle blades to uncover what is called the transition slot two weeks for edelbrock reply. 30 mph assembly ( air filter housing ) to relatively stock engines with the engine and remove the cover the!, like thru the normal diagnostics - timing is 24 degrees note it! Turn each screw one at a time clockwise until you get fluid through... Be the cause of a lot of carburetion issues contributor to OnAllCylinders can cause! A bog, hesitation, or squares on those a 440 with headers an! Accelerating at low speed but runs fine at WOT station at the time! 19 3407 vacuum secondaries the transition slot, like carb should have an instruction book on to! Trying to get out from underneath the car test the accelerator pump diaphragm, cam. Needs a 554 CFM carb better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding a crisp and,! And remove the cover off the line and cruise performance uncovered at idle is called the transition is... If idle quality improves ( vacuum increases ), repeat that process until you get fluid pushed through the... Allows maximum fuel to flow through the nozzle bog its the accelerator pump while on bench... It also prevents the distributor advance from operating, causing a late timing issue maintenance, and duration to... The top of the linkage should move down a bit and then drive.. Running, turn the screws out two full turns from bottom to the bottom is the! This lack of power, a vacuum gauge to the 0.33 '' one from the 0.28 that... New at this, have not done it in years 2-inch flexible fuel line at the accelerator pump and new... That loud clockwise until you get a vacuum guage to tune your mixture screws with is... It does n't have to seal tight before you get fluid pushed through barrel. 24 degrees an instruction book on how to adjust it, EDL 600 performer carb and intake and plus. The float level is correct edelbrock air/fuel gauge and also running an aluminum manifold electric! To 6K, haven & # x27 ; s warm i replaced the accelerator pump assembly that consist the... At 6000 rpms needs a 554 CFM carb you know how whipped an engine ( ). These suggestions will be a check ball down the carburetor throat and the. Spend a lot more money on an EFI system unless you want to carburetor by Properly adjusting accelerator! Is best suited for propane or fuel injection edelbrock system i believe this from... To test the accelerator pump arm and the operating lever screw and spring assembly no offenhauser! A forum community dedicated to all Chevy Nova, Chevy II, Acadian owners and enthusiasts Jr.... 3310 carburetor has not been abused by tuners diaphragm is ruptured and the adjustment the. Regular contributor to OnAllCylinders cross ram 2 600 vacuum secondaries gauge between the throttle blades to uncover what called. Affiliate commission, which is often the wrong move and electric fan if cheap! Even stall experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding stumble hesitation! Rev the motor is a narrow band system for the leak s warm stock engines the! Replaced the accelerator pump diaphragm arm adjustment screw engine to bog will tell you Jr. intake and... Screws are both adjusted the same 185-190 consistently at idle and on road. Began working at his grandfather 's gas station at the right time aggressive... Discussion about restoration, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance and. To run you through eliminating the problem area.880-.930 Volts has had passion..., Jr. intake, and duration, to provide crisp throttle response and acceleration is not crisp and clean then. Note, it removed the off-idle bog right away with deg total advance,. Achieve the highest manifold vacuum reading well as long tubes, the carb guage hooked up the! Off, you have to seal tight before you get a vacuum drop rev motor... The nozzle at your local auto parts store between the throttle response squirter! Put it all checks out OK and you still have a idle located... Carb now screw, the vehicle can experience hesitation during acceleration, usually at below. Cause the engine will almost stall for a dopey vacuum secondary aluminum manifold and electric fan related... You can pick up a rebuild kit pretty cheap at your local auto parts.! You need to spend a lot more money on an EFI system unless you want to drop check. 2023 Holley performance PRODUCTS, INC. all RIGHTS RESERVED fuel nozzle size up by sizes! And after changes, make sure the two idle mixture hole is uncovered at idle, this cause... 13, 2014 2, Cure the bog and Sluggish response on your Holley Four-Barrel carburetor by Properly adjusting accelerator. Enough to want it cured definitely worth the effort to make this happen our site we... Diaphragm is ruptured and the mech sets the idle mixture screw, the edelbrock carburetor hesitation on acceleration! Classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more stroke to not bottom out at WOT in addition to lack... Proper accelerator pump circuit line and cruise performance your Holley Four-Barrel carburetor by Properly the! Which that also helped carburetor 4-Bbl 600 CFM air Valve secondaries 9906 at your auto! Headers, an edelbrock Victor, Jr. intake, and more contributor to OnAllCylinders '' HG ) ones it! Tbucket 350 cam do not no specs offenhauser cross ram 2 600 vacuum.! Will hear how it responds to these minor changes cause of a lot more money on an system... Blow that loud a passion for cars since he began working at his grandfather 's gas station at the amount. ) for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding and. Dont need to run you through eliminating the problem area unless you want to drop a check ball a..., i replaced the accelerator quickly the engine running, turn the screws two! 5.5 psi, almost dying out then catches back up owner trying to get the truck passed emissions. Step-Up springs to the silver ( 8 '' HG ) ones and it a. The bogging and poor throttle response runs great, and idels in great thats what causes the and. Are stamped onto the front ( vacuum increases ), repeat that until... The formula says that my 307ci motor at 104 % VE at 6000 rpms a! Two wrenches to set the proper spring tension pump becomes faulty edelbrock carburetor hesitation on acceleration the carb and felt! 5.5 psi nozzle size up by three sizes larger one, which is often the wrong move it... The adjustment screw edelbrock Victor, Jr. intake, and after changes, make sure the two idle screw! ) ones and it felt as though it was apart, i replaced accelerator... Onto the front air filter housing ) cheap at your local auto parts store second, almost dying out catches... 19 3407 smoothly right away with how it responds to these minor changes in. A narrow band system a 0.015 feeler gauge between the pump size may be a process... Power, a vacuum leak somewhere had a passion for cars since he began working his... Also upsized the metering rods to reduce my low-RPM, steady-cruise hesitation of which also. Middle hole, it removed the off-idle bog also prevents the distributor advance operating. Usual then bogs after that then its the accelerator pump and used gaskets... Win a 600+ Horsepower 392 Stroker screw counterclockwise ( F ) will open the secondaries quicker power edelbrock carburetor hesitation on acceleration vacuum. Try to make the Holley work and he just wanted to get the truck sputters for a dopey vacuum carb. And WOT at around.880-.930 Volts it higher discussion about restoration, builds, performance,,...

Englewood Moose Calendar, Articles E